Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11
I'm watching a documentary about 9/11. It has a lot of archive footage that I've never seen before and I have to say it's horrifying. Mark and I were talking about how we would feel if one us had been lost in a plane or in one of the buildings. He said he probably hate all Muslims forever and would never get over it. Would want all Muslim countries vaporized.
I guess I understand that. I can't say that I wouldn't feel the same. But were it me in the building I guess I would want him to forgive and be happy than feel vengeful and unhappy. Maybe I'm nuts.

1 comment:

Contact Travis said...

if someone I love had been killed in 9/11 I'd like to believe I wouldn't develop hatred of a certain race or religion. however I didnt lose anyone...so I can't fairly answer this question.

I agree with you though Melissa, if it had been me...I would hope that those who loved me could forgive and not rush to revenge and judgment on entire swaths of the world.